Professional Android 2 Application Development (Wrox Programmer to Programmer) [Paperback]
Build unique mobile applications with the latest Android SDK
Written by an Android authority, this up-to-date resource shows you how to leverage the features of Android 2 to enhance existing products or create innovative new ones. Serving as a hands-on guide to building mobile apps using Android, the book walks you through a series of sample projects that introduces you to Android’s new features and techniques. Using the explanations and examples included in these pages, you’ll acquire the foundation needed to write compelling mobile applications that use Android, along with the flexibility to quickly adapt to future enhancements.
Professional Android 2 Application Development:
- Reviews Android as a development platform and¿best practices for mobile development
- Provides an in-depth look at the Android application components
- Details creating layouts and Views to produce compelling resolution independent user interfaces
- Examines Intents and Content Providers for sharing data
- Introduces techniques for creating map-based applications and using location-based services such as GPS
- Looks at how to create and use background Services, Notifications, and Alarms
- Demonstrates how to create interactive homescreen components
- Explores the Bluetooth, telephony, and networking APIs
- Examines using hardware, including the camera and sensors such as the compass and accelerometers
Wrox Professional guides are planned and written by working programmers to meet the real-world needs of programmers, developers, and IT professionals. Focused and relevant, they address the issues technology professionals face every day. They provide examples, practical solutions, and expert education in new technologies, all designed to help programmers do a better job.
[ Read More ]